polyanthus

Wanderings of a Pilgrim in Search of...?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Have you noticed how the dogs are always sleeping?



It's occured to me that most of the dogs I've photographed have been sleeping. Or occasionally eating. Although I suppose this shouldn't be too surprising to any of you who have dogs. What sort of astonishes me about the sleeping dogs here is that they seem to feel perfectly comfortable sleeping just about anywhere: you'll find them curled up practically in the middle of the road, or just scattered every which way across the sidewalk. Basically, the dogs here, despite being what I would think of as "strays" for the most part, are adamantly not feral. They're entirely comfortable around people, and never seem skittish in the least. The cats, on the other hand, are a bit more standoffish. And no, I haven't been trying to pet either - I've been so good you wouldn't believe it. I've just been exercising good observational skills.

Anyway, I thought I'd include a few slightly more alert specimens from Calcutta and Cochin. Kolkata and Kochi. Whatever.


This is a cat on the Fort Cochin waterfront. The dog above was only a few fet away, but apparently wasn't as interested in the day's catch.


This dog was happily marching along in line with a group of female cadets at the Victoria Memorial.


Political Animal

1 Comments:

Blogger tekne said...

such great pics! I like the political animal. And your pics of Cochin make me miss the south...sigh.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home