First-World Paranoid Medical Fantasies
So I'm sitting in he first-class ladies' waiting room in the Mughal Serai train station, playing scare-the-rat with the man (don't ask) sitting opposite me.
As one of the half-dozen or so four-footed denizons of the room comes near us, we stomp our feet loudly and scare it off -- and, naturally, send it scurrying towards our opponent sitting across the room. And I swat a mosquito that's just landed on me, before it has time to bite me. And blood splatters out all across the back of my hand. Somebody else's blood. And I'm suddenly very glad the travel nurse insisted on that Hepatitis B vaccination. And I'm wondering why she didn't suggest something for bubonic plague...
As one of the half-dozen or so four-footed denizons of the room comes near us, we stomp our feet loudly and scare it off -- and, naturally, send it scurrying towards our opponent sitting across the room. And I swat a mosquito that's just landed on me, before it has time to bite me. And blood splatters out all across the back of my hand. Somebody else's blood. And I'm suddenly very glad the travel nurse insisted on that Hepatitis B vaccination. And I'm wondering why she didn't suggest something for bubonic plague...

1 Comments:
First class waiting rooms are actually rats primary homes. I have a story (told to many tims), of hanging out in a first class train station waiting room with Rebecca's mom. Rebecca thought she had left us in a 'good spot', but it wasn't really so.
Post a Comment
<< Home