Ad campaigns you wouldn't want to miss
There is a brand of underwear in India that is named, I kid you not, "Bumchums." Their advertising slogan is "Play all day." Indian underwear advertising is surprisingly risque, but I don't think they actually meant this the way it comes across.
And on overnight trains, when they bring you breakfast in the morning, the bread is wrapped in a little paper packet printed all over with the slogan "Safe Food: Service till Eternity." Which is somehow not as reassuring as I'm sure they meant it to be.
You'll probably need a little background on this one. In India, street-level sexual harrassment of women -- wolf-whistles, groping -- is called "Eve-teasing." So out of that, some marketing genius came up with this advertising campaign:
And on overnight trains, when they bring you breakfast in the morning, the bread is wrapped in a little paper packet printed all over with the slogan "Safe Food: Service till Eternity." Which is somehow not as reassuring as I'm sure they meant it to be.
You'll probably need a little background on this one. In India, street-level sexual harrassment of women -- wolf-whistles, groping -- is called "Eve-teasing." So out of that, some marketing genius came up with this advertising campaign:

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home