Agra pix
Yes folks, that's it -- as seen from the fort, a bit to the north and west. It really does look magnificent through the haze.

These are a few other pictures from the fort which is -- I thought -- prettier than the Red Fort in Delhi in many particulars. That's my technical, art-historical persepctive.


From the Itmud-al-Doulah, which is on the north side of Agra's river, you can look down and see river life: dhobi-wallahs washing cloths, children sifting sand -- perhaps gathering salt? From freshwater? I really have no idea what they were doing, to be honest.


The following pictures are from my beautiful little Itmud-al-doulah




And these of the Taj and its outbuildings:


These are a few other pictures from the fort which is -- I thought -- prettier than the Red Fort in Delhi in many particulars. That's my technical, art-historical persepctive.


From the Itmud-al-Doulah, which is on the north side of Agra's river, you can look down and see river life: dhobi-wallahs washing cloths, children sifting sand -- perhaps gathering salt? From freshwater? I really have no idea what they were doing, to be honest.


The following pictures are from my beautiful little Itmud-al-doulah




And these of the Taj and its outbuildings:


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home